What's one of the most valuable skills for students or anyone working with texts? The answer is paraphrasing! Paraphrasing is like a superpower that allows you to avoid plagiarism, adjust text length, and enhance clarity in writing. Try out this Put-into-your-own-words tool to change any text.
📝 Put Into Your Own Words: How to Use Our Tool
If it's your first time using a paraphrasing tool, don't worry—our paraphraser is super easy to use. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Copy the passage you want to paraphrase and paste it into the tool.
- Choose the percentage of words you would like to be changed.
- Click the "Rewrite" button and get the reworded text version.
- Edit the text if needed.
You can also see a list of synonyms by clicking on a specific word. That way, you can choose the one that suits the context best.
🤓 When to Use Our Tool
Paraphrasing serves multiple valuable purposes in academic writing:
Instead of directly copying from sources, paraphrasing lets you present information in your own words.
Providing a fresh perspective
Paraphrasing enables you to add insights and interpretations to enrich the academic discussion.
Summarizing lengthy passages
By condensing extensive texts into shorter summaries, paraphrasing helps eliminate unnecessary details.
Clarifying unclear wording
When your writing is ambiguous, paraphrasing can bring clarity and make your text more digestible for the audience.
Crafting a conclusion
In essays or research papers, paraphrasing aids in summarizing the main ideas and restating the thesis statement in the conclusion part.
💭 Paraphrasing Vs. Summarizing
Paraphrasing and summarizing are interrelated concepts, and students often mix them up. Both processes are crucial for crafting an impactful and efficient essay.
- In college papers, summarizing entails condensing the primary concepts of a text or speech into a brief overview. The objective is to capture the essence while significantly reducing the length, offering readers a quick grasp of the main ideas.
- On the other hand, paraphrasing involves rephrasing someone else's words or ideas using different vocabulary and sentence structures while maintaining the same level of detail. The overall meaning remains unchanged, making it an effective technique for presenting information in your unique voice.
You can rely on our free paraphrasing tool to put any text into your words. Nevertheless, follow the guide below if you wish to enhance your paraphrasing skills.
|1️⃣ Understand the original text.||Take the time to thoroughly read and comprehend the original text's main ideas and other more detailed information.|
|2️⃣ Identify the key points.||Once you grasp the idea of the original text, specify the essential points or arguments you want to include in your paraphrase.|
|3️⃣ Use different vocabulary and sentence structures.||Rephrase the text using your own words and sentence structure. Replace key terms with synonyms or alternate phrases, and aim to diversify syntax while retaining the original meaning.|
|4️⃣ Maintain the same level of detail.||While paraphrasing, it's crucial to preserve the same level of detail as the original text. Ensure all relevant information is included.|
|5️⃣ Cite the original text.||Credit the original author when paraphrasing information from another source. Include an in-text citation or a footnote to acknowledge the source of the information.|
🎁 How to Put This in My Own Words? 5 TIPS
Here are some tips to improve your paraphrasing skills:
- Break the text down. If you find paraphrasing a whole passage challenging, tackle it in smaller sections.
- Start your sentences differently. Infuse freshness into your paraphrased text by varying how you begin sentences.
- Rearrange the order. Change the order in which you present your ideas or sentences.
- Simplify the language. If the original text is complex or technical, try simplifying it in your paraphrased version.
- Compare your text with the original. Always check your paraphrased version compared to the original text to ensure you captured the main ideas accurately.
🌟 Benefits of Using Our Tool
Here are some key advantages that set our paraphrasing tool apart from similar software:
|⌚ It saves time||Our tool generates paraphrased content within seconds, saving lots of time.|
|🤝 It's user-friendly||Our tool is super easy to use—you don't need to install additional software.|
|🆓 It's free of charge||You don't have to worry about money while using our tool.|
|🖌️ It can be customized||Our tool allows you to select the percentage of words to be paraphrased, giving you control over the output.|
|📝 It eliminates plagiarism||Our tool enables you to avoid using identical or overly similar phrasing to the source material by rephrasing the text.|
❓ Put Into Your Own Words: FAQ
❓ What Is a Paraphrase?
In essay writing, paraphrasing means expressing an idea from a source using your own words. This technique allows you to integrate information from other sources into your paper while preserving your writing style. By paraphrasing effectively, you showcase your understanding of the material and prevent unintentional plagiarism.
❓ What Is the Difference Between Paraphrase and Summarize?
The key difference between paraphrasing and summarizing is how detailed they are. Paraphrasing involves expressing someone else's concepts in your own words while maintaining a similar level of detail and preserving the original meaning. On the other hand, a summary provides an overview of a larger text's main points or ideas, omitting unnecessary details.
❓ How Do You Turn a Sentence Into Your Own Words?
- Read and understand the original text.
- Express the same idea using different words and changing sentence structure while preserving the core message.
- Avoid directly copying phrases, and strive to convey the information in your unique writing style.