Want to know how to use an MS Word summarizer? Try the tool we offer! It is quicker, easier, and more effective than Word AutoSummary. No registration required.
✍️ How to Use This Summarizer?
A word summary generator is an online tool that facilitates any writing process. There’s no need to summarize an article for your essay anymore. The paraphrasing tool will condense any text in seconds.
- Insert the text you want to summarize. Note that 15,000 characters are the maximum.
- Set the number of sentences the resulting summary should contain. The bigger this number, the more details the result will have.
- Select or deselect keywords highlighting.
- Press the “Summarize” button and get the result in the right field.
✅ 4 Benefits of This Tool over MS Word Summarizer
|Our tool is made for students||This paraphrasing tool was specifically designed for students. Its vocabulary has been thoroughly checked and does not contain any slang or other academically inappropriate words. The structure of sentences it creates also meets all the academic requirements.|
|It is easy to use||We understand that any new tool requires extra attention and distracts you from the assignment. That’s why we created the most straightforward interface possible. With a couple of clicks, the summarization is ready.|
|You can use it online||We won’t ask you to download or install any software. Everything you need is already there on this website, ready to use.|
|The tool is free||The summarizing instrument is free. There’s no registration, no hidden payments, and no subscriptions. The most significant benefit is that whenever you need it, enter the website and press several buttons, just like that.|
🤓 Why Summarize in Academic Writing?
Perhaps the most challenging thing about working on an academic paper is the need to combine multiple sources under the same idea. These documents may relate to different opinions, disciplines, or even epochs. How can you bring them together?
Summarizing brings various texts to a common denominator. It universalizes them under your writing style. Moreover, it brings controversial and mutually exclusive statements together in a single argument. When you mix yellow and blue paint, they merge into the green color. The same thing happens when summaries are wisely integrated into the same essay. That’s why outlining the academic source and noting your comments is an indispensable preliminary stage.A good summary always:
- Starts with a sentence referencing the title and author of the source and naming the central argument (when the intended length allows doing so);
- Is two or more times shorter than the original;
- Includes the most critical ideas of the source;
- Avoids mentioning irrelevant details;
- Resort to quotations only when the original wording is unique, and you cannot go without it;
- Preserve the structure and tone of the source but transmit the content in your own words.
🤖 Types of Automatic Summarization
According to this strategy, a multilevel text matrix is constructed to denote the salient features. Each sentence gets a score depending on its probability of being included in the resulting summary. Finally, the AI picks the most important sentences. Some tools employ LSA (latent semantic analysis) to single out logically critical sentences.
In simpler terms, an extractive summary consists of rearranged original passages. It is a benefit and a drawback at a time. This strategy keeps the source structure but cannot produce a unique text.
This strategy is more like a human-written abstract. Advanced natural language techniques analyze the original to produce a summary. Still, its constituents aren’t taken from the source. Instead, core information is presented in a new unrestricted way.
Logical fluency is the biggest benefit of an abstract summary. Meanwhile, abstractive summarization requires complex language modeling, which still has a way to go. The current automatic summarizers take full advantage of the recent progress in sequence-to-sequence models and neural language translation.
📝 Automatic Word Summarizer Examples
- Critical information. Our summary will be incomplete and misleading without these words.
- Relatively important information. We need it to get the direction of thought. But once we understand it, we may skip these lexemes in our summary or hint at them in other phrases.
- Unimportant information. These redundant words help us form grammatically correct sentences or add style and expression.
Totalitarian movements are possible wherever there are masses who for one reason or another have acquired the appetite for political organization. Masses are not held together by a consciousness of common interest and they lack that specific class articulateness which is expressed in determined, limited, and obtainable goals. The term masses applies only where we deal with people who either because of sheer numbers, or indifference, or a combination of both, cannot be integrated into any organization based on common interest, into political parties or municipal governments or professional organizations or trade unions. Potentially, they exist in every country and form the majority of those large numbers of neutral, politically indifferent people who never join a party and hardly ever go to the polls.
Extractive Summary Example
Totalitarian movements are masses who have an appetite for political organization. They are not held by a consciousness of common interest because they lack obtainable goals. These people cannot be integrated into any organization based on political, professional, or economic interests. They potentially form the majority of politically indifferent people who won’t join a party or go to the polls.
Abstractive Summary Example
Totalitarian movements emerge when the masses acquire the desire for political rule. Meanwhile, they are never united by any known common interest or limited and tangible goals. Potentially, they can be found in every country, forming a politically indifferent majority who avoid joining a party or going to the polls.
Thank you for reading this article! You are welcome to check other writing tools prepared by Politzilla team:
❓ Word Summarizer FAQ
❓ What Does Summarize Mean?
Summarizing means you transmit a text’s meaning in a condensed form. Depending on whether you choose an extractive or abstractive summarizing strategy, you either skip the unnecessary information or paraphrase the essentials. The best result is a new, shorter text containing the main ideas of the original.
❓ How to Summarize a Paragraph?
- Look at its structure: which sentences represent the topic, and which stands for the arguments? Note that you’ll have to keep the same order.
- Within each structural part, conduct as many modifications as possible. Change the word order, swap the sentences, or even change the grammar tense.
- Use synonyms for the final polish.
❓ How to Use Word Summarizer?
- Copy the text you need to condense.
- Insert it into the field on the left of the Word Summary Generator.
- Choose the desirable length of the summary.
- Decide if you want to highlight the keywords.
- Press the “Summarize” button.
- Use the result on the left.
❓ How Is Paraphrasing Different from Summarizing?
The terms can be used interchangeably, but they denote different processes. Paraphrasing does not necessarily shorten the original. Its purpose is to avoid plagiarism. Summarizing aims to get the gist and drop the verbal husks.